Sr. Electrical Engineer
- - Engineering
- Brockton, MA, USA
- Full Time
Join us to help save lives: consider a career at Amphenol Alden Products!
At Amphenol Alden we play a part in providing excellent care to patients the world over. We know that every device we support provides care to someone's family member and this is a responsibility we take seriously. Family is core to who we are at Amphenol Alden. Over 80 years ago we started as a family business and we continue to maintain an atmosphere that is dynamic and entrepreneurial. Now, as part of a global corporation, we remain committed to the culture that got us here.
Because our employees are an investment in our future, we know the importance of providing exceptional benefits, competitive compensation, and career development. As part of Amphenol Corporation, career paths aren't limited to the hierarchy of our local sites; when needs arise at any of our sister companies we look internally to our top performers for opportunities for advancement.
Due to our continuing growth, Amphenol Alden has a need for talented individuals to strengthen our team. We currently have an exciting opportunity available for a Sr. Electrical Engineer at our Brockton, MA location.
Job Summary: The Sr. Electrical Engineer will work primarily with the mechanical design engineers who are directly involved in engineering and product development of interconnect systems.
- Perform analytical and signal integrity evaluation of connectors and cables related to high-speed signal, high voltage applications, shielding, etc.
- Define and document electrical design requirements.
- Design and qualify electrical test fixtures for the characterization of electrical connectors.
- Provide direction and guidance to mechanical design engineers in delivering a high-quality electrical design, for both a cable and connector, into mass production.
- Perform selection of cable materials such as connectors, back-shells, overmolds, wire (size and materials), shielding, potting, shrink tubing, etc.
- Deliver product documentation including specifications, electrical schematics, PCB and flex circuit layouts (generate Gerber files), and presentations to meet requirements and communicate the electrical design and its progress.
- Develop and present high level electrical concept design proposals internally as well as to customers.
- Collaborate with suppliers, as well as with AAP's Mexico and China manufacturing facilities, to ensure that product is developed on time with high quality.
- Proficiency with electrical engineering software for PCB design and simulation purposes;
- Knowledge of UL Standards;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite;
- Strong understanding of EMI/RFI mitigation techniques and its design tradeoffs;
- Experience in creating/performing engineering change orders in an ISO certified environment;
- Proficiency in high-speed testing and analysis equipment (TDR, VNA, etc.);
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering;
- 10+ years' experience as an electrical engineer, preferably working with interconnect systems (cables and connectors);
- 7-10 years' experience as an electrical engineer in a highly regulated environment, i.e., Medical (preferred), Aerospace, or Military.
- Strong analytical and communication skills;
- Working knowledge of IPC, ISO13485, IEC, and EN standards relating to Medical products is desired;
- Ability to: read engineering drawings, multitask, prepare test protocols and test reports, read bill of materials, work independently as well as collaboratively;
- Strong decision-making ability.
What We Offer:
An opportunity to join a growing team!
Competitive salary, and generous benefits package which includes medical, dental, life insurance, PTO, short and long-term disability, 401K, HSA, hospital indemnity insurance, FSA, employee discounts.
Amphenol Alden is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Share This Page