Plastics Processing Technician
- - Operations
- Brockton, MA, USA
- Full Time
- Full Benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401K, STD, LTD, life insurances, employee activiities
Join us to help save lives: consider a career at Amphenol Alden Products!
At Amphenol Alden we play a part in providing excellent care to patients the world over. We know that every device we support provides care to someone's family member and this is a responsibility we take seriously. Family is core to who we are at Amphenol Alden. Over 80 years ago we started as a family business and we continue to maintain an atmosphere that is dynamic and entrepreneurial. Now, as part of a global corporation, we remain committed to the culture that got us here.
Because our employees are an investment in our future, we know the importance of providing exceptional benefits, competitive compensation, and career development. As part of Amphenol Corporation, career paths aren't limited to the hierarchy of our local sites; when needs arise at any of our sister companies we look internally to our top performers for opportunities for advancement.
Due to our continuing growth, Amphenol Alden has a need for talented individuals to strengthen our team. We currently have an exciting opportunity available for a Plastics Processing Technician at our Brockton, MA location.
Position is responsible for carrying out all new mold tool qualification activities in our Brockton MA facility. This includes but is not limited to: scheduling of machine time, verifying material availability, setting up and running Design of Experiments (DOE), generating and carrying out validation protocols which will ultimately lead to successful final first article completion and production release of the new mold tooling and qualified molding process.
- Schedule and shoot sample parts from new or modified mold tooling.
- Identify any production issues with new or modified mold tooling and notify tooling department so mold tooling can be modified to correct issue.
- Create and maintain IMDS (Injection Molding Data Sheet) form and release to production upon successful qualification of mold tooling.
- Develop and perform Design of Experiments (DOE) on new / modified mold tooling.
- Generate process validation protocols for new / modified mold tooling.
- Schedule and carry out validations of new / modified mold tooling.
- Complete validation reports for new / modified mold tooling.
- Well versed in plastics processing problem solving techniques.
- Knowledge of scientific molding techniques.
- Equipment maintenance background.
- Experience in insert molding.
- Minimum 5 years' experience preferred.
- Process control background including use of SPC techniques.
- Blueprint reading
- Knowledge of IPC standards
- Associate's Degree in Plastics Technology
What We Offer:
An opportunity to join a growing team!
Competitive salary, and generous benefits package which includes medical, dental, life insurances, PTO, short and long-term disability, 401K, HSA, hospital indemnity insurance, FSA, employee discounts.
Amphenol Alden is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Share This Page