Design Engineer II
- - Engineering
- Brockton, MA, USA
- Full Time
Join us to help save lives: consider a career at Amphenol Alden Products!
At Amphenol Alden we play a part in providing excellent care to patients the world over. We know that every device we support provides care to someone's family member and this is a responsibility we take seriously. Family is core to who we are at Amphenol Alden. Over 80 years ago we started as a family business and we continue to maintain an atmosphere that is dynamic and entrepreneurial. Now, as part of a global corporation, we remain committed to the culture that got us here.
Amphenol Alden Products cover a wide range within the connector design field from high voltage, to high speed and LVDS, to simple signal and power for patient monitoring. We are also involved in fiber optic, fluidic and hybrid connections as well. Due to the nature of working with medical OEMs, we are more involved with Industrial Design and ergonomics than other connector manufacturers and divisions of Amphenol, and work on box builds as well as connector designs which also sets us apart. Our engineers work closely with the OEM customers as an extension of their design team to truly understand issues and help troubleshoot alongside our customers. Our business is not based on distribution sales like many connector manufacturers, but instead on engineering support and being experts at all facets of designs.
Because our employees are an investment in our future, we know the importance of providing exceptional benefits, competitive compensation, and career development. As part of Amphenol Corporation, career paths aren't limited to the hierarchy of our local sites; when needs arise at any of our sister companies we look internally to our top performers for opportunities for advancement.
Due to our continuing growth, Amphenol Alden has a need for talented individuals to strengthen our team. We currently have an exciting opportunity available for a Design Engineer II at our Brockton, MA location.
Summary: Responsible for new product design and development, which includes creating design concepts, 3D CAD models, 2D drawings, prototypes , completion of all required documentation, and product approval and transfer of product into production.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work on conceptual designs for new electro-mechanical products.
- Create all required designs and documentation with the aid of SolidWorks CAD system.
- Work with the prototype lab manager to develop prototypes and iterate the design process.
- Communicate and work with marketing, sales, quality, and operations on design details and output.
- Conduct engineering related meetings, such as technical design reviews and DFMEAs as required per Amphenol Alden's Quality Management System procedures.
- Transfer of SolidWorks models, part drawings, and other required documentation to the Tooling Development department for mold tool design.
- Generate task requests for assembly tools and test fixtures which are identified during the product design process.
- Provide technical support throughout product life cycle.
- Develop product qualification test protocols.
- Strong analytical background including engineering principles (GD&T, DFM, Tolerance Analysis, etc.).
- Working knowledge of CAD system (SolidWorks preferred), Finite Element Analysis (FEA) experience a plus.
- Knowledge of materials (metals & plastics), manufacturing processes, and assembly design principles.
- Ability to design components in both plastic and metal materials.
- Strong technical presentation skills.
- Experience with Engineering data management systems (SolidWorks ePDM preferred).
- 5 to 10 years Mechanical Engineering experience (preference in Connector & Cable assembly field).
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- Medical device experience is a plus
What We Offer:
- An opportunity to join a growing team!
- Competitive salary, and generous benefits package which includes medical, dental, life insurances, short and long term disability, PTO, short and long-term disability, 401K, HSA, FSA, employee discounts and activities.
Amphenol Alden is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Share This Page