- - Marketing & Business Development
- Brockton, MA, USA
- Full Time
Join us to help save lives: consider a career at Amphenol Alden Products!
At Amphenol Alden we play a part in providing excellent care to patients the world over. We know that every device we support provides care to someone's family member and this is a responsibility we take seriously. Family is core to who we are at Amphenol Alden. Over 80 years ago we started as a family business and we continue to maintain an atmosphere that is dynamic and entrepreneurial. Now, as part of a global corporation, we remain committed to the culture that got us here.
Because our employees are an investment in our future, we know the importance of providing exceptional benefits, competitive compensation, and career development. As part of Amphenol Corporation, career paths aren't limited to the hierarchy of our local sites; when needs arise at any of our sister companies we look internally to our top performers for opportunities for advancement.
Due to our continuing growth, Amphenol Alden has a need for talented individuals to strengthen our team. We currently have an exciting opportunity available for an Applications & Costing Engineer at our Brockton, MA location.
Job Summary: Position is responsible for creating cost estimates and pricing for new custom cable assemblies and connectors. Make product marketing decisions around cost, price, margin, product improvements and product life cycles for certain standard product lines. Provide technical support to customers and AAP personnel as required and assist in all aspects of the sales cycle. In this dynamic role, the Applications & Costing Engineer will work closely with customers, sales, marketing, engineering, operations and the leadership team.
- Review new business opportunities submitted by sales and other personnel to determine if the information provided is sufficient to create a design concept or quote.
- Create detailed cost estimates for materials and manufacturing operations required to produce a wide variety of cable assemblies and connectors.
- Create market based pricing for a wide variety of cable assemblies and connectors.
- Assess the primary cost drivers of cable assemblies and connectors in current production and work with cross functional teams to drive down cost.
- Provide product application expertise to customers and internal personnel.
- Provide product line training and samples to new personnel.
- Revise and update product datasheets/catalogs/web pages/assembly instructions.
- Assist in product and company marketing communications.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or other technical degree.
- Three to 5 years' experience in design, manufacturing, or marketing of electro-mechanical components.
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical abilities with an understanding of key business metrics.
- Some travel as needed to meet business objectives.
- Well-versed in Microsoft Office tools.
What We Offer:
An opportunity to join a growing team!
Competitive salary, and generous benefits package which includes medical, dental, life insurances, short and long term disability, PTO, short and long-term disability, 401K, HSA, FSA, employee discounts and activities.
Amphenol Alden is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Share This Page