Senior R&D Engineer
- - Engineering
- Brockton, MA, USA
- Full Time
Join us to help save lives: consider a career at Amphenol Alden Products!
At Amphenol Alden we play a part in providing excellent care to patients the world over. We know that every device we support provides care to someone's family member and this is a responsibility we take seriously. Family is core to who we are at Amphenol Alden. Over 80 years ago we started as a family business and we continue to maintain an atmosphere that is dynamic and entrepreneurial. Now, as part of a global corporation, we remain committed to the culture that got us here.
Amphenol Alden Products cover a wide range within the connector design field from high voltage, to high speed and LVDS, to simple signal and power for patient monitoring. We are also involved in fiber optic, fluidic and hybrid connections as well. Due to the nature of working with medical OEMs, we are more involved with Industrial Design and ergonomics than other connector manufacturers and divisions of Amphenol, and work on box builds as well as connector designs which also sets us apart. Our engineers work closely with the OEM customers as an extension of their design team to truly understand issues and help troubleshoot alongside our customers. Our business is not based on distribution sales like many connector manufacturers, but instead on engineering support and being experts at all facets of designs.
Because our employees are an investment in our future, we know the importance of providing exceptional benefits, competitive compensation, and career development. As part of Amphenol Corporation, career paths aren't limited to the hierarchy of our local sites; when needs arise at any of our sister companies we look internally to our top performers for opportunities for advancement.
Due to our continuing growth, Amphenol Alden has a need for talented individuals to strengthen our team. We currently have an exciting opportunity available for a Senior Principal R&D Engineer at our Brockton, MA location.
Position will be responsible for design, development, and testing of Connector and Cable assemblies using multidisciplinary engineering knowledge. Will develop technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems, with the solutions being innovative and consistent with organization objectives. Conceptualize new ideas, and explore new technologies, related to Connectors and Cable assemblies.
- Provide technical support though out product life cycle.
- Development of product qualification test protocols.
- Assist with electromechanical assemblies (electrical mechanical design experience and electrical connector technology).
- Solve complex problems to ensure product meets user needs and industry standards.
- Support design reviews.
- Bachelors of Science in Mechanical Engineering (BSME). Masters of Science in Mechanical Engineering (MSME) preferred.
- 10-15 years Mechanical Engineering Experience (preference in Connector & Cable assembly field).
- Strong analytical background including engineering principles.
- Strong knowledge of terminal/connector design and their interfaces.
- Working knowledge of CAD system (SolidWorks preferred).
- Knowledge of materials, manufacturing processes (metals & plastics) and assembly design principles.
- Well-versed with test lab equipment (electrical and mechanical) and processing methodologies.
- Strong experience based background in high speed signal integrity, preferred practical use equipment to analyze said technology.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Outstanding technical and business presentation skills.
- Preferred experience with Medical sterilization and disinfective equipment utilized for material medical research.
- Minitab application skills.
What We Offer:
An opportunity to join a growing team!
Competitive salary, and generous benefits package which includes medical, dental, life insurances, short and long term disability, PTO, short and long-term disability, 401K, HSA, FSA, employee discounts and activities.
Amphenol Alden is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Share This Page